Thursday, August 18, 2005

sorry

It has come to my attention that I have been somewhat remiss of late, what with updating y'all on my news. I promise I have been busy with my other blog (see side panel) and not forsaking dear Pootle for the insidious joys of work. Pah!

Well then. News:

I am moving from London to Basingstoke. Yes, really. This weekend. Before I drown under waves of mass derision, please check this out:

http://www.basingstoke.me.uk/

All you never wanted to know about the town which is to become my home. It's only 40 minutes from Waterloo you fascists!

The flat is nice, above a Quaker meeting house(!) to which I expect all revellers staying of a Saturday night to attend for silent prayers on Sunday morning. There are two bedrooms so nobody will be forced to kip on my floor, as has previously been the case (you know who you are). We will be having a house-warming party at some point, please let me know if you can think of a suitable theme, also to tie in with my forthcoming birthday. That was a hint to start saving up by the way.

5 comments:

Dan said...

"Ruth Ellis: The last woman to be hanged in Britain was a pupil of Worting Junior school and is also believed to have attended Fairfields school".

Well, kudos to Basingstoke. And to think I always assumed it was a scum-filled pit of despair like Andover...

Kate said...

You live in the 'chapel. By choice. At least we're not living in Chineham (pronounced "chinnem", i.e. what they do to outlanders caught in the area).

Scott said...

Why don't you make your house warming into one of those murder mystery parties. That way you can relieve your inexplicable desire to try live roleplaying without having to dress up like perverted idiots and hit each other with latex swords.

Kate said...

Do we actually have to kill someone? Maybe Dan would be a good candidate. But we can still dress up as well - perhaps on a Poirot theme? At least I can satisfy my mania in private rather than in public I suppose.

Dan said...

In a Poirot scenario, I think I would have to be the Hastings equivalent.

I say, old boy! Ding dong.