Thursday, August 24, 2006

no habla espagnol

We have finally crossed the border into Spain, after visiting Carcassonne (incredibly busy and touristy but still cool) and Narbonne plage, where we were treated to a beach-side concert by some kind of banjo playing band despite the rain which is still following us wherever we go. Will is being plagued by the lack of adequate public toilet facilities, though we are hoping a change of country may remedy this. I won´t go into details. Sorry have forgotten camera again so no more photos, but I will update soon.

We are currently in Figueres, Catalunya, hoping to go to the Dali museum, and then heading on to Girona tomorrow. Also if anyone fancies a trip to Bordeaux I will be celebrating my birthday there with my family and Rachel and Dan - I know it´s a bit of a way but still thought I´d mention it! Will be going out somewhere on 16th Sept (a Saturday) then my actual birthday is the following day.

About to try and find out if there are any bands playing the continent while we are here - if anyone has any tips please let us know. I´ve heard AC/DC are often on tour...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise to the Mystery Machine for getting you to Spain so swiftly! Did you have to tunnel through the Pyrenees? I hope you have been aiding aforementioned the celapod cull in repasting. I ate bone marrow the other day - it was delicious. How could I have doubted your wisdom on it, Will?

Kate said...

Will says "told you so! Excellent news. Now to try the ris de veau..." That was my mistake in France. K x