Monday, August 18, 2008

Bumper spud harvest has enabled me to undertake bartering. Have swapped spuds variously for: eggs, artichoke, meat, cheese, tomatoes. Forgot to take fruit to work today - and so will have to miss lunch. More home-made bread and yoghurt made at weekend. My parents-in-law very kindly brought a chicken around on Sunday, which we roasted and ate together. Absolutely delicious! Accompanied with home-grown spuds, A&C carrots and home-grown runner beans. The carcass is in the pressure cooker becoming stock, which I think that I will use to make a pea and bean soup. All redcurrents from A&C went mouldy before I got to them - should've checked them earlier. Having to drink lots of tea at work to stave off hunger.
Parents gave me some sausages for doing some heavy lifting at the weekend - and so that's tonight's supper sorted.
P.S. I think that Kate may have had enough of this quest - so it may be a solo mission from now on.

No comments: