Saturday, August 02, 2008

Failure - last night I failed! As with so many of life's mistakes, this one was made under the influence of alcohol.
Doing really well - was very hungry on return from work, but filled up on toast (the last loaf that I will not have to make myself) and stale breadsticks from the cupboard. Also very passable cup of tea made from "second-use" tea bag.
Later on I started to make my evening meal - a vegetable curry made entirely from veg from the veg box. However, I had just taken a very annoying work call, which threatened to see me working at the weekend and not getting paid for it. That annoyed me. In a fit of pique I hunted out the last non-spirit alcohol in the house; a bottle of Chianti that had been a gift. Opened - very pleasant. Drank almost all of it whilst cooking to compensate for annoying work situation. Ate curry. Then persuaded Kate to come to the pub with me - where I purchased two pints of lager. That constitutes a failure in my quest - a day must be added to the end! Co-incidentally I compounded my errors by purchasing over-priced fags from fag machine and smoking them - and then getting stuck into the Calvados on return home. (It was Friday night). I now have a hangover.

2 comments:

Neil Stewart said...

Oh dear, sounds like you had reason to do so anyway.

Dan said...

How was the Moonrakers? And are you planning to stock up on Calvados before you restart, or is that it now in terms of booze?